Although people often think of boardrooms, suits, and million dollar deals when they hear the word negotiation, the truth is that we negotiate all the time. Through this workshop participants will be able to understand the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations, and the skills needed for successful negotiating.
The Negotiation Skills workshop will give participants a sense of understanding their opponent and have the confidence to not settle for less than they feel is fair. Participants will learn that an atmosphere of respect is essential, as uneven negations could lead to problems in the future.
- Module One: Getting Started
- Module Two: Understanding Negotiation
- Module Three: Getting Prepared
- Module Four: Laying the Groundwork
- Module Five: Phase One – Exchanging Information
- Module Six: Phase Two – Bargaining
- Module Seven: About Mutual Gain
- Module Eight: Phase Three – Closing
- Module Nine: Dealing with Difficult Issues
- Module Ten: Negotiating Outside the Boardroom
- Module Eleven: Negotiating on Behalf of Someone Else
- Module Twelve: Wrapping Up