Delivering Constructive Criticism is one of the most challenging things for anyone. Through this workshop participants will gain valuable knowledge and skills that will assist them with this challenging task. When an employee commits an action that requires feedback or criticism it needs to be handled in a very specific way.
Constructive Criticism if done correctly will provide great benefits to your organization. It provides the ability for management to nullify problematic behaviors and develop well rounded and productive employees. Constructive feedback shows an employee that management cares about them and will invest time and effort into their careers.
- Module One: Getting Started
- Module Two: When Should Feedback Occur?
- Module Three: Preparing and Planning
- Module Four: Choosing a Time and Place
- Module Five: During the Session (I)
- Module Six: During the Session (II)
- Module Seven: Setting Goals
- Module Eight: Diffusing Anger or Negative Emotions
- Module Nine: What Not to Do
- Module Ten: After the Session (I)
- Module Eleven: After the Session (II)
- Module Twelve: Wrapping Up